From the time Instagram was first introduced to the market in 2010, a lot has changed within the app – users can now share stories that disappear in a day, the user interface has evolved catching up with the current trend matching the operating system, and Instagram allows users to share pictures and videos that aren’t a square. But if there is one thing that has remained unchanged through the years – it is the inability to share pictures and videos directly from your computer.
Using the trick we have shared below, you will be able to share pictures to Instagram using Chrome on your computer.
- Open www.instagram.com on your browser and log in to your account.
Press Ctrl+Shift+I at the same time, if you’re on a Windows computer and Cmd+Shift+C at the same time, if you’re on a Mac, to launch developer tools.
- Click on the mobile devices icon present next to Elements. You will see some changes being made to the interface of the website on your browser.
- At the top of the screen, you will see an option called “Responsive”. Click on it and select one of the available smartphone models from the drop-down menu.
- Refresh the webpage and you will now see an Instagram app like interface on your browser. You can resize and change the orientation of the window if you want.
- Click on the camera option to upload pictures directly from your computer.
Also, it is important to note that you will only be able to upload pictures from your computer using this trick. To upload videos, you need to use a third party program like Gramblr or Bluestacks.Share this post